Raising awareness through education and outreach are essential to preventing violence and changing the way that the public views victims. VIBS’ team of educators act as liaisons between VIBS and the public, seeking to directly engage the community concerning the issue of violence.
With one in four women (and one in seven men) being abused by a spouse or intimate partner in their lifetime, there is a great need for intervention, prevention, training and education.
- Presentations to professionals, groups, organizations, agencies, schools, faith or religious communities. Topics include (but are not limited to):
- Domestic violence (DV), dating violence, intimate partner violence (IPV), family violence
- Bystander Intervention
- Child abuse
- Elder abuse
- Healthy Relationships
- Human trafficking
- Rape and Sexual Assault
- VIBS Services and 24-hour Crisis Hotline
- Title IX and Enough is Enough sexual assault prevention education on college campuses
- Brochures with valuable resources and information (available in English or Spanish)
- Participation in community fairs, local and state initiatives, health/wellness events, workshops and conferences
- One-time or recurring prevention programs for youth, adolescents, professional staff and others
If you are interested in having a representative from VIBS speak to your organization or would like brochures mailed to you/your organization, please contact Heather Parrott, Director of Development and Education, at email@example.com.
Note: Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we are currently offering all education workshops and sessions as a virtual experience.