Have you or someone you care about ever served in the armed forces and also struggled with PTSD or its symptoms since serving?
Call VIBS at (631) 360-3606 day or night to speak to a Hotline Counselor.
VIBS’ Veterans Counseling Program offers individual and group counseling services that are specifically designed for veterans and their families. VIBS is equipped to assist veterans suffering with symptoms related to Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) as a result of their exposure to violence or other traumatic events while serving in the armed forces. VIBS also provides services for victims of Military Sexual Trauma (MST) and serves any veteran who has suffered abuse, intimate partner violence or sexual violence inside or outside of the military.
What is PTSD?
Post-traumatic stress disorder, or PTSD, is a mental health disorder which affects millions of Americans. PTSD can consume the lives of those who suffer from the disorder and affect their physical, mental or emotional health. It is believed that 1 in 22 veterans die by suicide each day due to PTSD.
Signs and Symptoms
- Re-experiencing traumatic events through nightmares, flashbacks, etc.
- Avoiding events or scenarios that may remind the person of the trauma or trigger worsening symptoms
- Increased negativity and/or general depression
- Anxiety and/or paranoid thoughts
- Feelings of intense fear, heightened awareness or hyper-sensitivity to surroundings
- Physical symptoms including chronic pain, fatigue, difficulty sleeping or staying asleep
- Difficulty maintaining relationships, friendships, and/or employment
VIBS’ counselors are specially trained in the dynamics of PTSD and in working with clients who have experienced trauma.
All services are free and confidential for veterans and their family members, regardless of discharge status.
DD-214 is NOT necessary to receive services