Get involved with VIBS and make a difference for victims of violence and abuse.
Connect with one of our volunteer programs:
- VIBS Ambassadors: VIBS Ambassadors are a group of young professionals between ages 21 – 30 who support VIBS through awareness activities and fundraising events.
- Office Assistance: We are always looking for community members dedicated to our mission and interested in supporting VIBS. Office volunteers are needed to cover reception and perform clerical duties.
- Rape Crisis Counseling Program: Rape Crisis Counselors (RCCs) are trained by VIBS and certified by the NYS Department of Health. Training includes 30-hours of pre-service training and at least 10 hours of in-service training during the first year in the program. RCCs are on-call to respond to any Suffolk County hospital to meet with survivors of rape, sexual assault or domestic violence.
- Childcare: Volunteers are always needed to supervise and entertain children while their parent is in their counseling session.
- Speakers Bureau: If you enjoy public speaking and community events, volunteers are trained and then scheduled for education and awareness activities.
If you are interested in becoming a volunteer at VIBS, please call (631) 360-3730.