The Counseling Department at VIBS provides crisis intervention counseling for victims of domestic violence, rape, sexual assault, long term sexual assault (incest), human trafficking, witnesses to domestic violence-related homicide and services for veterans suffering from Military Sexual Trauma (MST) or PTSD. Clients can begin counseling starting at age three, due to our specialized Children’s Program. Our Elder Abuse Program allows counselors to assist clients ages 50 and up. Our Veterans Program is available for anyone who has served in the United States Military, regardless of their discharge status. VIBS counselors can help reduce emotional trauma, overcome feelings of isolation, and strengthen safety.
All counseling services are trauma-informed and evidence-informed. Some of the special programs within the counseling department include:
- A three-week educational series on domestic violence
- Individual and group counseling for adults and adolescents
- Specialized adult groups include a dual focus on domestic violence and substance abuse, and on domestic violence and sexual abuse
- Emergency appointments of victims in crisis
- Counseling offered in Spanish
- Elder abuse counseling for those above age 50 who are abused by a spouse, relative or caretaker
- Counseling for victims of human trafficking and exploitation
- Sign language interpretation available when needed
- TDD available for deaf and hearing impaired clients
- 24-Hour Hotline available at: (631) 360-3606 or email us at hotline@VIBS.org
VIBS recognizes underserved populations’ needs for quality services and support. VIBS is an LGBTQ Safe Space and all survivors are welcome. VIBS employs bilingual/bicultural staff (English and Spanish). We also help victims with disabilities and are wheelchair accessible; and have wheelchair availability on-site.