Raising awareness through education and outreach are essential to preventing violence and changing the way that the public views victims. VIBS’ team of educators act as liaisons between VIBS and the public, seeking to directly engage the community concerning the issue of violence.
With one in four women (and one in seven men) being abused by a spouse or intimate partner in their lifetime, there is a great need for intervention, prevention, training and education.
- Presentations to professionals, groups, organizations, agencies, schools, faith or religious communities. Topics include (but are not limited to):
- Domestic violence, dating violence, intimate partner violence, family violence
- Rape and sexual assault
- Child abuse
- Elder abuse
- Human trafficking
- Enough is Enough sexual assault prevention education on college campuses
- Brochures with valuable resources and information
- Participation in community fairs, health/wellness fairs, workshops and conferences
- Long term Primary Prevention programs
If you are interested in having a representative from VIBS speak to your organization, please contact the Community Education Department at (631) 360-3730.