If you are a victim of domestic violence, elder abuse, rape/sexual assault or human trafficking, VIBS can help…
VIBS’ advocates help victims navigate through the criminal justice system, social services and other resources available for survivors’ safety and well-being. Help is available by phone or in person. Whether in Family, District or Supreme Court, VIBS’ advocates are trained and experienced in helping victims through the process.
A VIBS advocate can provide:
- Information about obtaining orders of protection, victims’ rights and options, legal and other resources available in Suffolk County
- Help communicating with the police or the District Attorney’s office
- Accompaniment to District Court, Family Court or Supreme Court; including the specialized Domestic Violence courtrooms
- Information, referrals and help obtaining social services and other basic services such as transportation, emergency food, shelter, immigration assistance
- Referrals to other VIBS services including counseling or the Domestic Violence Law Project
- Spanish/English bilingual services
- Assistance with victim compensation applications and services
- Elder abuse advocacy for those above age 50 who are abused by a spouse, relative or caretaker
- Sign language interpretation available when needed
- 24-hour Crisis Hotline
TDD available for deaf and hearing impaired clients
Call us or email us for more information or to schedule an appointment with an advocate.